Monday, November 09, 2009

Dedication

When you’re about to read a book, do you read who it’s dedicated to?

I always do. I always wonder who the author is dedicating the book to or who he/she is thanking. The ones that I love to read are those dedicated to the author’s parents, spouse, and children. I find those the most touching. I think it’s really thoughtful and sweet when an author writes even the simplest of poems to express the amount of love and gratitude they have for their loved ones.

Today, I opened a book and this is what the author put:

For my husband, Ian
My heart, my love, my home


For someone to have so much love and respect for one’s spouse is truly magical and special.

2 comments:

jen said...

I do! Actually, I read everything. The dedication, the copyrights, the reviews. :D

Weird ko noh? LOL!

glentot said...

I sometimes even read the ISBN... hehehe

I find the dedications sweet and cute too. Probably because they're so meaningful even if we as readers cannot fully grasp what they mean.