Monday, February 15, 2010

Tidbits

While taking an afternoon nap today, I dreamt I had gone home to the Philippines and was in the car, driving through the neighborhood I grew up in. Although brief, it was such a nice dream. It made me miss home all the more so.

-----------------


Steve and I have been following the winter olympics on TV all weekend and I never thought I'd enjoy watching the diffirent events but I found myself cheering on the Canadian athletes. I have to say I'm quite impressed with their skill and I can't help but marvel at the speed these athletes go with their snowboards, skis and skates. Nakakatakot talaga!

-----------------


I`ve been so lazy all weekend. I planned on doing some house cleaning but I didn`t accomplish any of my chores. All I wanted to do was chill and sleep. It was nice being able to see my family as well. My mum made tacos for dinner which was absolutely delicious. Tacos and me - we`re good together.

-----------------


I find myself tearing up so quickly these days. I cried when I saw the new Tim Horton`s commercial, cried when I was hearing the stories of some of the olympic athletes, and cried while watching a dvd. Goodness, I`m so emotional! Nakakahiya but I can`t help it!

-----------------


Steve and I went to the mall on Friday and Saturday evening. I got him a new suit, a dress shirt and a tie as gifts. It was so tempting to just go out and spend money since there were a lot of really good sales. But I held back (with Steve`s help of course!) and for the most part, stayed close to my budget.

Why is it so hard not to shop!!

No comments: