Wednesday, July 08, 2009

It got me

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it's clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You're my daytime my nighttime
My world
You're my life

Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I?m a better man
You taught me by sharing your life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You're my daytime my nighttime
My world
You're my life

You gave me strength
When I wasn't strong
You gave me hope when all hope is lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn?t see
Love was always here waiting for me

You Are My Life
- Michael Jackson


I didn't get a chance to watch the memorial for Michael Jackson yesterday because I was at work and last night we weren't home to see the recap. So this morning I looked for some clips on MSNBC as well as YouTube. I have always been somewhat curious of the relationship between Michael and his children so I was glad to see some pictures and home videos. He seems like a lovely father based on what I just saw. I feel sorry for the kids because no child should ever lose a parent especially at such a young age. I think that despite Michael's quirks, he really loved his children and did his best to protect them from the prying eyes of the public. I think that despite the fame that surrounded him and all the crazy antics, he did what he could and gave them the best of him.

In the videos I saw, You Are My Life was playing in the background and I couldn't help but get teary-eyed. It is a beautiful song.

4 comments:

MakMak said...

I think Michael was one misunderstood guy. Guess it's the price of fame. :/

I really feel bad that he died so young.

Jela said...

I've been trying to avoid news and discussions about MJ because it's really making me sad. I didn't plan as well to watch the memorial but I checked a bit when Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson was speaking and I ended up watching until the end! It was so touching and very respectful, and I ended up crying when his daughter spoke. *sniff*

I don't care whether MJ ended up not being the biological father of his children (as some people are claiming). He had been the best parent to his children, blood-related or not.

k a r e n said...

I agree with you Mak.. I think a lot of people took advantage of his vulnerability and the fact that he never really fights back. I'm sad too that he died so young.

k a r e n said...

Ako din Jela, I got a bit emotional when Paris was speaking.. nakakaawa naman talaga yung mga kids.

I don't care either if he was their biological father or not. Like you said, the important thing was that he was a good father.