Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Out of Shape

Gah! How come some people are just so darn photogenic?! I spend hours and hours pouring over all of their pictures because I can't get over how good they look regardless of where they are and what goofy expression they're wearing on their faces. Some people are just effortlessly good-looking and the fact that it shows on their photos just kills me. I know it's not good to be stinkin' jealous but I can't help it! Ang daya naman kasi! I always look weird in my pictures...make-up or no make-up! Others can have their photo taken as soon as they get out of bed and they'd still look really good.

While having dinner with my family last Sunday, JR said, "wow ate, ang dami atang food sa plate mo ah! mauubos mo ba yan?" I looked at the food on my plate and I was surprised because I thought I was being conservative with the amount I put. Apparently I used to eat so much less than what I eat now. That, I think, proves that I'm consuming so much more than I used to. That would explain the extra meat in my middle area. I really need to start watching what I eat and I really need to start learning to exercise. Kulang lang talaga ako sa discipline. Puro reklamo, wala naman akong ginagawa to reverse it.

I admire those people I see jogging on our street early in the morning even when it's really cold outside. It's like they don't feel the bitter cold at all! If it were me, I'd be frozen like a popsicle stick. In fact, the moment I step out the door and feel the cold air, I'd probably walk right back in. Steve always teases me because I don't own a proper pair of running shoes. He says all my shoes are made for matching my clothes but none are good enough for participating in sport or any form of exercise. He says all you need to do is take one look at the pairs of shoes I own and you can pretty much tell I don't exercise... at all. I told him I don't need shoes to go on the Wii Fit anyway.

But I think this time, I really am going to try getting some exercise. I seriously am considering buying a pair of running shoes and I'm thinking of running around our neighborhood during the spring or the summer when the temperature outside is mild. If that doesn't work, I can always use the running shoes and try playing tennis or maybe enrolling in a gym. It would be a lot easier if we lived in a condo that has a gym... that way I don't have to go out. It would be so convenient. We have a gym at work but it's really small and our CEO likes to use it and he doesn't like to share. Plus, it's tough having to go to work early to work out and then staying late at the office to work out. There's just something about being at the office that makes everything seem like such an ordeal. Even when I'm not working, if I'm in the office, it still feels like work. It seems to suck the fun out of exercising. I think that it would feel a bit different if I were in an actual gym where they offer dance classes as well. I think it would give me a different perspective and I can actually enjoy it. Of course, this is all in my head and the reality maybe different than what I perceive it to be. Who knows, maybe the moment I step into a real gym and try it out, I might hate it. Ewan...

I don't want to be stick thin.. but I want to be fit and healthy.

No comments: