Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching Up.

Today I received an email from an old friend. It was really nice being able to catch up on each others' lives.

I realize it's been a really long time since I last posted anything here. I don't really know if there's one thing that kept me from writing. It's more like a combination of things... work, the summer, laziness, lack of creativity...lol ewan ko ba, it seems like whenever I attempt to post, my mind goes somewhere else or I get caught up doing other things and I just never get back to it. So ayun, lack of posting for months is what resulted. So here it goes..

Sad to say, I've totally slacked off on reading as well. My parents lent me two books which they said they enjoyed reading and thought that I might enjoy them too. The books are currently lying on top of my dresser, untouched. Everyday, while I am getting dressed, I look at them and I tell myself, "Today I will start reading..." and then I go to work and come home and forget about it. Instead, I sit in front of my laptop and play games or watch TV. Really sad, isn't it? I've become one of those people consumed by their love of games.. not that anything's wrong with it. I just feel like I should probably be more balanced about my activities.. with no particular activity dominating all others to a point where I'm always doing just one thing. Sayang naman kasi ang brain cells ko. I think it's better for me to expose myself to other, more fruitful hobbies.

The summer is almost over. Meh! I always feel somewhat forlorn going into the fall and winter seasons. It just seems like a really long time until it's summer again. This summer, though, was extremely hot. We've been having temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius and with the humidity, it feels even warmer. There were days when I just felt like sitting in the car all day where there's air conditioning. We don't have AC at home so it's been really uncomfortable with the extreme heat. Perhaps you're wondering why we don't have AC... we tried to buy a few units... but they didn't fit our windows so we had to return them. And so here we are.. stuck with our fans for now. We have AC at work but our CEO likes to keep it cooler than what's comfortable. It always feels like we're in the freezer. I've had to bring a scarf or a sweater with me at times just so I don't freeze at my desk. It makes it difficult deciding what to wear to work because it's very hot outside but it's extremely cold in the office.

This summer has also been a busy one for us - socially. We went jet boating at Niagara Falls, water rafting at the Ottawa River and went to Long Point Beach a few times. We also went to some picnics, BBQs, festivals and played tennis and beach volleyball. I'm not particularly good at sports but thankfully, my friends are patient enough to just let me play and enjoy myself. Steve always says, "it's not about winning, it's about having fun".

Work has been hectic, to my surprise. I usually find the summer months quiet with the exception of this year. It seemed like I had a mountain of work in front of me and I was climbing it slowly while pushing a wheel barrel. Not only was I training a lot, but an important member of our team had decided to leave the company and I had no choice but to take over her responsibilities. I'm just glad that most of the big work load's done and I can move on to other tasks. I've been so tired that there were days when I felt like no matter how much sleep I got, I was just as exhausted the next day. I literally felt like I needed to just do nothing but sleep for a week.

Steve and I were invited to two baby showers this past weekend..both on the same day. I gotta tell you, of all the days to have a baby shower, I don't know why they both had to be on the same day. As usual we found ourselves running around like maniacs, getting ready for both showers, picking up presents and preparing dishes and driving to and from places. We were already exhausted before we even arrived to the first shower. I don't know how we survived both on such little sleep. Although we were both beat, I have to say that we did enjoy them. Coincidentally, aside from the fact that they were on the same day, they were also both co-ed showers and were designed more to be BBQs. So Steve got to go with me to both. I don't know if he was necessarily thrilled about it but he went anyway. It was kinda funny how he discreetly excused himself from the room when it was time to open the presents. He casually sneaks out and heads over to the backyard to hang out with all the other husbands. I, on the other hand, look forward to this part of the shower. I love watching new mothers and mothers-to-be open each beautifully wrapped present to find out what cute little thing is waiting inside.

Let's hope the temperature's ease up soon... as I sit here typing, I'm practically melting.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Karen, fist of all I want to tell you that i love your blog.
This week i decided to travel to spain for holidays, i found this cheap offer looking for hoteles de marbella. I think you'll find interesting. Enjoy it!

Amazing Love said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great web site.
tag heuer formula replica

Unknown said...

in Gebze Kocaeli quality lift home from home Our ??company offers transportation services are on sale you take advantage of our discount days.
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Dilovası evden eve nakliyat
Hereke evden eve nakliyat
Yarımca evden eve nakliyat
Körfez evden eve nakliyat
Çayirova evden eve nakliyat
Gebze evden eve
İzmit evden eve
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve
İzmit evden eve nakliyat
thank you very much for