Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bacolod

It has been a slow week for me...not too many e-mails, phone calls, and definitely not too much work… it has been a bit boring to be honest and time just seems to pass by ever so slow. Atleast I’m not stressed…I don’t know but I guess I prefer being busy than being bored.

Oh, and another good thing is that it’s a short week due to the Easter holiday. =)

It’s already summer in the Philippines and I’m almost sure it’s scorching hot by now. I bet resorts are fully booked and airline tickets are at an almighty high. Traffic jams would also be present (but then again traffic jams are present all-year round there anyways…haha). I’ve always loved the month of March there because it signals the end of school and the start of summer. Perhaps a vacation to Bacolod, a trip to a resort, entire days spent eating, sleeping and doing whatever I feel like doing and not having to worry about exams or wakin up early the following day. I also love the fact that weekdays don’t matter because everyday’s a weekend!! I miss the last day of school… the day where everyone’s just excited about the summer.

I love going to Bacolod to see family. I remember taking a flight with my brothers and then being greeted by grandmothers, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, and neices upon arrival. I love my family…they’re the best. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who love and support me. My brothers and I have the privelege of belonging to a close-knit family so aunts and uncles are also our moms and dads and buddies. My brothers and I would always ask our parents if we could go to Bacolod for a week or two during the summer and our parents would always let us. My brothers loved it simply because everybody there would spoil us…we got to go fishing, swimming, bowling, etc… we got to eat anywhere and anything we wanted. Our uncle would also take us to see the mountains and swim in rivers or privately-owned pools or to see farms and beaches… we really enjoyed it there. Since we moved to Canada, we haven’t been able to go back though (sad)…

I just realized lately that I would rather have rain together with a warmer temperature than a sunny day with cooler temperature.

Rain in Canada (rather Ontario, since I’ve havent’ been anywhere else) is nothing like rain in the Philippines….Nothing! It rains so hard there that you feel like the roof’s going to give way…and sometimes raindrops do hurt! Oh, and did I mention it floods like crazy too? Oh yeah, above a person’s height… yup, rain here? Nothing…

I love absolutely love the climate in the Philippines… just love it!

No comments: