Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dinner in the Sky, anyone?




Was doing some article reading on Yahoo.com and found out that Dinner in the Sky is now also available in Canada?! I didn't know/notice it at all and it's supposedly on Dundas Square in downtown Toronto.

I don't know if I can do it! I'm scared shitless of heights and I think I'd be freaking out so much that I'd begin hyperventilating on the way up. Forget eating! I'm already worried about breathing normally while I'm up there, strapped to a seat that would probably be swaying back and forth with the wind... the last thing I'd be thinking about is food.

It says it costs about $20,000/day to hire the rig.. lotsa money don't you think? But hey, it's one heck of an experience right?

It almost seems like a thrill ride in an amusement park except that you get to eat gourmet food while on it. I can't seem to shake the thought of the chord breaking and me falling helplessly with food flying everywhere..tsk tsk.

What kind of insurance do you have in place?
Dinner in the Sky operates with a $10 million liability insurance.
I don't think I'd survive the fall to benefit from the liability insurance. No thanks!

Love the design of their website though... very cool.

3 comments:

Marieseda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieseda said...

That freak me out! There is no way I would ever be able to do that. Now I'm going to have nightmares of falling from the dinner table.
Thanks Karen ;p

k a r e n said...

hahaha! You know I love giving you a reason to be even more afraid of heights! =P