Wednesday, July 02, 2008

3-day work week.

I’m back at work after a 4-day long weekend. Since yesterday was Canada day and an official Canadian Holiday, our CEO had decided to give us Monday off as well so we could all enjoy a long weekend. We were all surprised by his sudden, out-of-the-blue kindness as he’s typically not so generous especially when it comes to taking time off work. I was so glad about it that I contemplated giving him a big thank you while passing by him last week… but since he’s a bit temperamental, I thought it might be best to leave him be and not say anything… he might take it back if I utter a word about it.

It really does make a difference… having a few days off work. My colleagues and I were just talking about it this morning and we all feel well-rested and just really relaxed. We’re all happy campers! It’s like having a mini-vacation except my vacation days didn’t get deducted and I still got paid.

I really wish we had more long weekends like this… I think we'd all be happier employees!

No comments: