Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lilacs, Japanese Food and A Furry, Little Creature

Beautiful Lilacs along the street

Yummy Japanese Dinner: California Rolls, Shrimp Tempura and Beef Teriyaki

Super cute groundhog in the lawn across the street from our office (there's actually 2 of them but the other's hiding)


The above are photos I took using my camera phone (hence the reason for them being a bit blurred). The lilacs came out in full bloom in May and they were practically every where in Steve's neighborhood. I could smell them from the car and I couldn't help but admire how beautiful these flowers were. There was another flower that bloomed in May and it was white and pinkish in color but we didn't know what it was called and I didn't get a chance to take some pictures but they were also really beautiful. Weird though that both these flowers only bloomed briefly.


I took a photo of our Japanese dinner at Momiji along Bloor Street West because the food presentation was "a work of art" (in Steve's own words). The many times I've ordered from that place, I always had it to go and this was the first time we actually sat and ate in the restaurant. The place is great, the food is amazing, service is excellent and I can't help but keep wanting to eat there even though it can be pretty expensive (the dinner above cost us around $40+ and we only had 3 dishes). Oh, and when you order Coca-Cola, they serve it in those traditional, old style 8ml Coke bottles!


The third photo is that of the Groundhog that we see frolicking on the lawn across the street from our office almost daily now. I think it hid during the winter but since it's been hot out, it's spending more time outside. We see 2 of them sometimes and we suspect they live in the bushes in front of the office across from us. In the photo, the groundhog is actually chewing on a McDonald's French Fry carton. Let me tell you that they are extremely adorable furry little creatures and I can't help but stare at them from the window in Steve's office. I once asked Steve if you keep them as pets but he said no, they're not pet animals. They look so scared all the time though... always on the look out for anything approaching them and they run and hide so fast when they feel threatened.


No comments: