Thursday, December 11, 2008

More...

I have a bad habit of not checking my email accounts regularly except for my hotmail and work email. But somehow, I always end up checking my Yahoo account at just the right time – when an old friend sends me a message and or when I receive an interesting email. It’s almost as if I know an email is waiting for me. It’s so weird.

I don’t know if it’s just me but don’t you find that during the times when you want to go to bed early, you end up staying even later than usual? Suddenly there’s things that need to be done, good TV shows, phone calls, books to read… and you get so caught up that you actually achieve the opposite of what you intended.

Are you a fan of online shopping? I have always been somewhat wary of shopping over the internet. I’m worried about getting scammed or buying a product that doesn’t fit me right and has poor quality. Everything always looks good in the pictures but they seldom turn out the way you expect them to. I bought 2 pieces of clothing once and was really disappointed when I got them. First, they delivered when I wasn’t at home so I had to drive to Markham (actually, Steve had to drive me) to claim it at the Purolator there. Second, they were both too big and not to mention made of really low quality material. It was not worth the money and effort I put into it. My cousins seem to have no problems shopping online. In fact many people buy stuff online all the time. I think I’m just one of those people that need to be able to touch it first before buying. It’s a habit I have… the compulsion to touch almost everything in the store. I remember getting in trouble for it a lot when I was a kid. My parents were always worried I was going to end up breaking something in the store. I can only remember that one time I dropped a pencil sharpener made entirely of glass and it ended up bouncing off the floor and I was too scared to even bother checking if I broke the darn thing so I ran to my parents and never looked back. I actually developed a phobia of going back to that store. I finally got over it after a few years. For some reason I thought they’d surely recognize me if they saw me. I can see the sale clerks point at me and saying, “Hey! That’s the kid that broke the sharpener!! Get her!!” Gee, the things I feared when I was young…

I saw a kid on the subway last night with a “CatDog” school bag. I don’t know if you ever watched that cartoon but I sure thought it was hilarious back then. My brothers and I used to watch it when we were in the Philippines and I haven’t seen a single episode since but seeing that school bag made me smile. And yes, I still enjoy watching cartoons. I even enjoy watching Spongebob Squarepants. Now, if only I can convince Steve to rent Kung Fu Panda for me…

I miss summer vacations. You know, the 2-3 months that you get off school during the summer months? Why can’t we get that every year as working adults? Don’t you agree that it will be healthier for everyone? Oh you know what’s even better? We get PAID summer vacations… yep.. that would be AWESOME.

No comments: