Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mind-boggling.

I was reading an article on MSN this morning about a few individuals who are considered medical mysteries. I found it quite interesting so I thought I’d share it with you.

It’s pretty amazing how different and yet similar we all truly are.

Read Dr. Oz Investigates Medical Mysteries.

I can't imagine being so physically different. I can only imagine the challenges it must present. I admire the strength and the heart that these people have.

A lot of people tell me I have an excellenet memory but wow, Jill sure has an outstanding memory! Although interesting, I'm sure it must be difficult to remember things that you would rather forget. They say that the brain automatically "forgets" anything that might be too painful or traumatic. Imagine not being able to forget? It must be hard.

I love the question that Dr. Oz presents at the end of the article:

"But the real question in my mind—I wonder if all of us have memories we can't access or if you're able to store more memories than any of us can..."

I've always wondered if we do somehow record everything that happens to us but we just don't always know how to access all of our memories. And I also wonder how our brain decides on which memories we remember and which ones we don't. It really is interesting.

4 comments:

MakMak said...

Her super memory is cool. Sadly, it does leave her open and vulnerable to the bad ones. It's a good thing that she seems to have learned how to deal with it.

MissTaken said...

I had a boyfriend once who literally 'filed' things away in his brain somehow. When prompted he could recall the most minute detail, it was amazing and sometimes a tad creepy. *L*

k a r e n said...

Hi MakMak!

I agree, her super memory is quite something.. yea, it does seem as though she's found a way to deal with it.. she's had to deal with since she was 12 yrs. old after all... =P

k a r e n said...

Hi HayfootStrawfoot!

That's pretty cool! I wonder how they do that... people say I have good memory but nothing close to what your boyfriend or Jill can do.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting!