Monday, August 14, 2006

of migrating and travelling

I feel sick. I think i just need some rest and I’ll be back to my normal self.

I can’t believe how fast time flies. I feel like I left the phils yesterday but in reality I’ve been gone for 2 years. Gosh, I remember the first few months I came here. I was so eager to save up some money just so I could go back. I spent a good few days crying and sulking and spending what little money I had on phone cards. Now when I think about it, it’s not that bad – being here I mean. I guess for the most part, it’s because I’ve already adjusted and also because I’ve learned to appreciate life in Canada. Yes, it’s not always “peachy” but it’s not as bad as I originally thought it would be.

I do miss a lot of things and I have no other desire than to be able to visit. But with all the bills I have to pay and with all of my other expenses, I find it a wee bit hard to save up enough money to afford a plane ticket. Eventually I will go back to the phils for a vacation but as of this time, I don’t know if I will ever go back for good. Sad to hear but it is the truth. It’s not that I despise living back home and it’s not that I’m too good for it either. But it is extremely hard to get settled in one place and then have to move again because everytime I move, I will have to start all over again. I think one factor that may greatly affect my decision would be if a company in Canada sends me to the Phils for business and I get to live in the Phils but earn dollars. LOL!

Shey was just telling me this morning that she’s back home for two weeks and will leave again for business for a few months. I envy her and all our other friends who get to travel because of work. Not only do they gain valuable work experience but they get to travel as well. I think she’s been in 3 or 4 different countries now! The only downside to it is the fact that she doesn’t get to spend a lot of time with her loved ones.

I would love to travel someday. I just can’t afford it yet but I eventually will. I have yet to list down the places I would want to visit but I know Europe would definitely be on the list together with some places in the Philippines that I haven’t been to yet and a few places in Asia. I was also thinking of going on a cruise but I can’t seem to push the thought of sinking ships behind. Blame it on the countless movies I’ve seen about cruise ships sinking. I don’t think I would want to go somewhere cold though. I’ve had winter in Canada and to me that is enough. ^-^

Until I can afford travelling to different countries, for now I am content with the different places I can go to close to home.

2 comments:

lil superman's mum said...

Not having enough money for travel sucks noh? Ako rin gusto ko sana eh, although gusto ko muna dito sa Phils. I haven't been to Bohol and Palawan!

Hopefully, my next job would give me overseas projects! But ironically, if they assign me to, say, London for like 6mos, ayaw ko rin. Max would be 2mos for me, I guess, I like being with my loved ones all the time..

k a r e n said...

I read nga in your blog that you've resigned. Saludo ako sayo! It's a big decision. I'm thinking of looking for another job soon but we'll see. =P I hope I can get a raise or find a better-paying job para naman I can go places.

Ako din, I love being with my loved ones all the time so I don't think I will like the idea of being away for so long.