Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Google Language Tools



Today I learned how to use the Google Language Tools and I think it is uber cool and extremely useful. I remember reading about it from one of the websites I visited some time ago but I never really got a chance to look into it.

I was looking for some new templates and came across a website with lots of resources but was written almost entirely in Spanish. Try as I might, I can only somewhat distinguish some of the words and what they mean but for the most part, I was confused. Remembering what I read about Google being able to translate websites to a language of your choice, I decided to look into it.




It's really neat because it allows you to specify the language and run a search and it automatically translates it for you. I searched for a website I wanted to visit and I was really impressed that it displayed it english and what impressed me is the fact that it didn't just translate the words but seem to have kept the grammar intact. I've only looked at one website so I don't know how good of a translation it does with other, possibly, more complex sites.

No comments: