Friday, May 08, 2009

Busy bees

Coming back from a two-week vacation, I feel a bit displaced. I barely went online during my two weeks off since I was busy with the wedding and also because we were away at a beautiful resort where I’d rather be outside then on the internet. Work seems a bit foreign (although like that Celine Dion song, - it’s all coming back to me now) and I have a lot of blog reading to do since I haven’t been able to follow the blogs I usually follow. I’m out of the loop with all the celeb gossip (hahaha!) and I can’t believe I am still reading the same book for almost three weeks now (I usually go through a book in a matter of days or even hours).

There were some changes that occurred at work while we were away (I don’t know why or how so many things can happen in such a short period of time) and we’re still playing catch-up. I’ve been going to bed late because there’s always something to do at night – either going somewhere to check out furniture, assembling furniture we bought, making dinner, having dinner with friends or organizing things in the apartment. My stuff is a mess, everything is everywhere since I just moved in and we’re still in the process of getting our apartment sorted out. We need to clean, organize, put things away and put things together. I’m not complaining though... it’s nice being able to share all of it with Steve.

One of the things I am still trying to figure out is how to do our laundry efficiently. Our first attempt at doing laundry together was a bit chaotic. Since we had a ton of laundry to do after the trip, we thought it would be best to go to a Laundromat so that we could do several loads at once. We figured that with several washing machines running at the same time, we’d be done quicker. First, we had to figure out how to use the machines. Next, how to properly sort our clothes (Steve was concerned we’d end up shrinking most of my wardrobe) and then we had to figure out where to put the bleach (do we mix it in with the detergent or is there a special slot just for bleach?). The result? We got our clothes washed alright but we did end up turning one of my towels blue and turning one item that was supposed to be white to a shade of yellow. I think we both agreed that next time, we’ll just the laundry at home.

Assembling furniture together is another fun but tiring task. We put together two pieces of furniture the other night – a dresser for me and a TV stand. Steve put the dresser together mostly by himself and he said it took him almost three hours to put it together. There were some hammering involved and a lot of noise. But we assembled the TV stand together which looked easy but the instructions were not as easy to understand as the IKEA dresser. We had made a few booboos in the beginning but we eventually figured it out.

So yes, we’ve been busy but what can you expect for a first week back right?

2 comments:

White said...

Welcome back Kar! :)

k a r e n said...

Thanks White! =P