Friday, May 15, 2009

Guy in Pink Boxers

I thought this was quite cute. Hey, what was he supposed to do? He was sleeping and suddenly they get attacked. At least he had the mind to quickly get up, put his helmet and vest on and prepare for battle. I don't even know what I would have done if I were in the same situation. I'd probably be thinking, "What's going on? Shit, my hair's a mess!" Hahaha! Kidding! Anyhow, I thought I'd share this with you...

Army Spc. Zachary Boyd, 19, who hails from Fort Worth, Texas, said he was in his sleeping quarters at Firebase Restrepo in Afghanistan’s Kunar province when the Taliban attacked the base, forcing him to take up a defensive position while clad only in his helmet, protective vest, a T-shirt and his pink “I Love NY” boxers.

A wire service photographer snapped a photo of Boyd rushing into action in his underwear and the snapshot wound up on the front page of the Star-Telegram and the New York Times.



Article and Image courtesy of Z103.5 Blog Posts

No comments: