Friday, May 22, 2009

SYTYCD update!

So You Think You Can Dance is back!! Woot Woot!

Steve and I watched the New York and Denver Auditions last night which aired at eight in the evening. I was so happy I caught it on time because I had no idea it was even on. I liked the song Natalie Reed danced to (it sounded like a Jason Mraz song) and I hope I’ll be able to find it online. Too bad that the Blogging So You Think You Can Dance site is no longer in use. It was really good for getting updates on everything related to the show as well as a good resource for trying to find out what songs the dancers used for their auditions and performances.

I saw some really good auditions last night although Steve was saying that it seemed more female dancers were getting tickets for Vegas compared to male dancers. He wonders if may be they are saying no to some female dancers on purpose to make the numbers more even between males and females. I wonder that myself, but I think it’s a little premature for them to be limiting dancers based on gender. I would think they’d wait until the eliminations in Vegas to narrow it down to the top 20 dancers.

I hope that this season will still feature choreography from Wade Robson, Mia Michaels, Jean Marc Genereux and Dan Karaty. I was also excited to see Sonia last night during the auditions. She was the new choreographer they introduced on the show last season.

I can’t wait until they narrow the dancers down to the top 20!

1 comment:

Jela said...

Hay inggit ako! They haven't even shown SEASON 4 on cable here! Although I saw some S4 performances in youtube, I still prefer to see the whole season on TV. Maybe it's time I torrent it the way I do with jdramas!