Friday, May 15, 2009

Catching up.

I’m going to try to make up for the weeks I didn’t post a single entry.

I’m happy to report that I have caught up with all my tasks (of course as soon as I say this, I’m sure something will come up). That’s not to say that work hasn’t been a hectic (because it has and still is) but I’m coping with it as it goes along. We’ve lost a key member of our Development Team and although management has informed us of the adjustments that will be made, I still can’t help but worry about how this is going to affect myself and the company in the long run. I’ve been asked to move from my office to the Tech Area to assist with technical support and to guide the team in doing support more efficiently. I am still to do training in my office but my desk has been moved to the tech area. It sure sucks to not be in my own office anymore. Bleh!

The other day, while reading on the MSN website, I came across an article about Mexico’s plan to once again boost tourism since it had declined so much due to the Swine Flu outbreak. I wanted to link the article here but for some reason I couldn’t find it anymore (too bad). Apparently, the plan is to offer tourists travelling to Mexico free vacations for the next three years if they display Swine Flu symptoms within eight days of travelling to Mexico. Would you consider it? Three years of free vacations seems like a tempting offer but don’t forget that you’ll only get it if you actually contract Swine Flu during your visit. Although I enjoy going to all-inclusive resort, I personally don’t think I’d risk going there right now in the midst of the Swine Flu outbreak. Yes, it could all be under control and yes they could be doing intensive check-ups and taking all sorts of precaution but wouldn’t it be wise for us to not tempt it?

I’ve only been back for two weeks and I already feel like I need another vacation!

No comments: