Monday, October 15, 2007

CN Tower.

Looking at Downtown Toronto from the top of the CN Tower


I finally went to the CN Tower on Saturday! Yay! Steve had gotten us free passes so we were able to get in for free and our tickets were for good for everything (except food). I took a few pictures and some videos using my cellphone but I haven’t had the chance to upload all of them (save for the few you see here) so most of them are still sitting on my phone.



My foot on the glass floors of the CN Tower



I have to admit I was a bit scared stepping on the glass floors. I didn’t think I’d react that way, to be honest. Steve was surprised to see me scared too. I did step on it but I felt a bit weak in the knees looking down. I can’t help but imagine myself falling to the ground. It said that the glass floors were durable enough to be able to hold the weight of 10 hippos but for some reason I just didn't feel safe stepping on it.


The elevator ride to the top and back down was pretty exciting because you could see everything outside (kinda like the elevators at Megamall). It would have been more enjoyable if I wasn’t so crammed in there. I also took a video of it but I don’t think it turned out too well. It might have been blurry.


It was a really good trip and we even went in the Motion Theatre afterwards which is basically a theatre where your seats move to give you the feel of whatever is happening in the movie. There was even a part in the movie where we got sprayed with a bit of water. Steve was holding our pictures which were taken in the CN Tower lobby and which we purchased afterwards and thankfully enough we had them wrapped in a bag so they didn't get sprayed.


Eventhough it was a chilly day and it was quite windy outside, I really enjoyed the trip.


Oh and did you know that CN stands for Canadian National?

4 comments:

Violet said...

Eeeee! The glass floor freaks me out - I can barely get NEAR it, let alone stand on it. You're very brave!

Marieseda said...

I love the glass floor and seeing little kids dare each other to step on it. I love the restaurant, The 360, the only problem is that if you take too long in the bathroom, it takes forever to find your table.

Sounds like you had fun. Now's probably a good time to explore the city as I don't imagine there is the same tourist crush as in the summer.

k a r e n said...

It took a lot of hand-holding and grabbing the wall for support just so I could step on the glass for a few seconds!

I'm sorry but that thing doesn't feel very safe!

k a r e n said...

Hey marieseda, we didn't get a chance to go to the 360 restaurant 'cause we had just eaten at the Danforth before going downtown. We wanted to have a snack at the Cafe there but they were closed for some private function.

You're probably right, now might be a good time to venture out there before it gets too cold. We were thinking of going to Wonderland too sometime...