Monday, October 22, 2007

My first tennis experience.

As usual, the weekend flew by. Steve taught me how to play Tennis. I have never played Tennis before and although the thought of playing was exciting, it also worried me a bit. Have you seen me? I’m tiny! I’m not good at sports that require a lot of strength or a lot of running. We didn’t play a real game. It was more like him lightly hitting the ball in my direction and me trying to hit it back. The first few times I completely missed the ball and was swinging at nothing but air and then I started to do better… just a tad bit better… not a whole lot. Thank God nobody else was at the tennis court except for a guy playing with his little daughter. It would have been really embarrassing if someone who was good at it saw my pathetic little self trying to hit the ball back.

Eventually I was able to hit it back but I had no control of where it went. Steve was running all over the place trying to hit my ball back. My balls where going everywhere! One of the balls actually went over the fence and hit one of the parked cars. Whoops! Hahaha!

I am so out of shape, it’s not funny. I was hyperventilating after being in the tennis court for only 10 minutes. After half an hour, my heart was pounding so hard I could feel my veins in my temples and it seemed as if my heart was going to burst out of my chest. Steve, on the other hand, was fine. I must have been a very frustrating opponent.

We only played for about 45 minutes or so and then we decided to leave it for another day because I was already exhausted. I had to lie down when we got home before going to the movies.

Although it was really exhausting, I loved it. Who knew Tennis was so much fun? I love playing Table Tennis so it was just a much bigger version of it and involved so much more running and more space to cover with my legs. My right arm and thighs are a bit sore but I would love to play again.

3 comments:

lil superman's mum said...

Hindi ba mabigat masyado yung tennis racket? :(

k a r e n said...

Haha... akala ko din mabigat yung racket kc i remember holding one in the store. Pero yung racket ni Steve magaan lang. He said yung old tennis rackets are heavy pero yung new ones magaan. =P

ang sakit kaya nung arm ko the following day! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

U FINALLY DISCOVERED THE JOYS OF TENNIS! Yes, Suzy and I started playing during the summer and LOVED it. And it really IS a workout bud! At first we were like u but then started to get the hang of it! :D