Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gawk

Steve lives in one of the nicest neighborhoods and quite often, we would pass by such beautiful houses that could make anyone gawk and stare. Some of them are regular sized houses and by that I mean they’re not mansions or anything. But most of them are quite huge and almost guaranteed to have cost over a million dollars.

In the many times we’ve passed these houses, I never see anyone outside nor do I see anyone walk in or come out of any of them. Although once I think I’ve seen a dad playing with his kids outside one of the houses but that was about it. Steve and I always wonder where these people are and whether there are people actually living in these huge houses.

Sometimes while driving through the neighborhood, I wonder what these people do for a living… how do they have the money to pay for such extravagant, expensive houses? They coulnd’t have just inherited money from their ancestors and they couldn’t all be lottery winners…there’s way too many of them! But I do wonder what kind of people they are… are they like the people you meet everyday on the street or like the guy waiting in-line with you in the grocery store? Or are they greedy executives who probably have poor, abused subordinates? What’s it like to have a lot of money or to live in a house so big that you need a map inside?

Seriously, I almost want to go ahead a knock at their door one day and just ask, “what do you do for a living and how do I get that job?”

2 comments:

Sj said...

Through eggs at the houses and see who comes out? lol..

It is fascinating.. which area is he near?

k a r e n said...

the lawn is too freakin' wide for the egg to even reach the front door!

he's by Royal York.