Friday, July 27, 2007

In Town

I feel more tired today than any other day of this week even though today was the slowest day of the week for me. I think it’s because it’s Friday and I am quite eager to get off work.

Leslie arrived in Toronto shortly after lunch and took a cab to my office. I have to admit that I was a bit worried with her taking a cab driven by an idiot. He was quite rude and didn’t know the addresses I mentioned eventhough they are fairly popular streets. I had to tell him to drive south and then I had to enumerate the streets he would be passing and all that.

Turns out she gave him some attitude during the ride too because he was rude to her. I love my cousin.

I was really glad to see her and gave her a small tour of the office. It - being a small office and all - only took me about 10mins to show her the entire place. I introduced to a bunch of people and afterwards, when we were safely out of earshot, told her who were good and who I hated.

Luckily, I’m still sitting at my old desk in my old office and we had the room to ourselves so we were free to talk. I was a bit swamped with work so I had to keep working on my PC while talking to her at the same time.

After work, Steve was sweet enough to drive us back to the airport to pick up Brian. Then we headed downtown to drop their stuff off at the hotel and then went to a Korean Grill for dinner.

After dinner, Steve and I dropped them off and then headed home ourselves since we were pretty beat from work. When I got home, I proceeded to unpack my stuff and continued reading Harry Potter. I couldn’t resist not finishing the book since I was so close already and was really eager to find out how the story ends. I finally finished around midnight and then went to bed.

Too bad I had to go to work today. I would’ve rather spent the day out with Leslie.

No comments: