Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 Embarrassing Songs...

So the rule is to list 10 embarrassing songs from your iTunes library. You know, the songs that you have downloaded and probably listen to once in a while (or maybe a lot) but you’d never admit to having it in the first place. Oh, and I didn’t come up with this idea... I just happened to come across it from another blog. I just thought it would be fun to come up with my very own embarrassing song list. So here goes...

Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot - This is a more recent download actually. While we were in Punta Cana a month ago, we went to the disco within the resort and they played it while we were there. My cousin and I just had so much fun making whacky dance moves and laughing our heads off to this song so I decided to download it because although the lyrics really are shallow, it always puts a smile on my face. C’mon, how can you resist not singing along to...

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung...


Don’t you just want to laugh?

Be A Good Lover (Zuo Ge Hao Qing Ren) by Jerry Yan - I think you all know by now how big of a Meteor Garden fan I was back then (and in some ways I still am) and... I ended up actually listening to the F4 albums and buying their concert DVDs! There I said it! I know, it’s silly because I can’t even understand the lyrics but I love them anyway! I would never dare listen to it in the car with someone else present though... they just wouldn’t understand.

Boombastic by Shaggy - Two words for ya – Levis Commercial!

Yes, remember the Levis Ad where they had this clay man wearing Levis jeans and he zip lines from the top of his building to rescue the lady in the burning building using his jeans? I think that’s where this Shaggy song became so popular. Anyhoodle, I have it in my iTunes library because I think Mr. Levis is HOT. Hahahaha! Kidding! I just like the song really... funky and funny at the same time.

Liquid Dreams by O-Town - Okay, I don’t really remember any other O-Town song although I’m sure there are others. The only one that stands out is this one (obviously if it’s the only one I can remember!). I remember thinking to myself back then, what’s up with the title? Then after listening to the lyrics I went, “oohhh.. ew...” hahahaha! But I like the song anyway.

Posters of love surrounding me, lost in the world of fantasy
Every night she comes to me and gives me all the love I need.

Now this hot girl, she's not your average girl
She's a morpharotic dream from a magazine
And she's so fine designed to blow your mind
She's a dominatrix supermodel beauty queen

I dream about a girl who's a mix of Destiny's Child
Just a little touch Madonna's wild style
With Janet Jackson's smile, throw in a body like Jennifer’s
You've got the star of my liquid dream

....
Looks ain't everything she's got the sweetest personality
Like Halle B
My mama thinks I'm lazy, my friend all think I'm crazy
But in my mind, I leave the world behind every night I dream
Oh.

Liquid Dreams, my Liquid Dreams
Waterfall and streams, these liquid dreams


Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega - This, I think, classifies as a one-hit-wonder. I don’t even know what happened to Lou Bega after Mambo No. 5. My mom absolutely loves this song and a part of me thinks that I downloaded it because it reminds me of how her face lights up every time she hears it. She always bobs her head in a cute, funny way.

What's New Pussycat by Tom Jones - Okay, I honestly do not know how this song got into my iTunes library to begin with. I am guessing I had copied it from a CD together with other songs that I actually like. It’s so annoying too because during the odd times it ends up playing on my iPod, it gets stuck in my head and I get a really bad case of LSS (Last Song Syndrome). I tell you, it’s bad spending your afternoon hearing Tom Jones sing “What’s new pussycat? Ohhhh ohhhh..” over and over and over again.

You’re probably wondering, why don’t I just remove it? Because my dears, it’s still a classic song! Hahahaha!

Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex by CSS - The only reason this song made it to my library is from a TV commercial (yes, as you may have noticed I have a bad habit of picking up songs from TV commercials... I actually have a bunch of them on my iPod). I don’t even really like it. I think I liked it for a few minutes after I downloaded it and then that was it. It’s just one of those songs where if I happened to be listening to it, I really hope no one asks me what I’m listening to. It’s just really uncomfortable having to respond with, “Music is my hot, hot sex”.

Oh! Carol by Neil Sedaka - Huh. I didn’t even know I had this. You know what it reminds me of? Driving to church on Sunday mornings. While we lived in the Philippines, we used to tune into this radio station (I forgot which one it was) and they would play oldies like this one. We used to like it so much that it almost became a family tradition. I can just picture my boss’ expression if I ever played this song out loud at work... hahahaha! He’d be like, WTF?

Stars Are Blind by Paris Hilton - Oh boy... I don’t know what to tell ya.

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! by The Vengaboys - I don’t know why. But it sounds like a fun song... you can’t help but think of the Vengabus right? Hahaha! Seriously though, it reminds me of a DDR song.

2 comments:

white said...

Weirdly, I like Boom Boom... hehehe yes, it's a fun song.

k a r e n said...

hahaha! me too! that's why it's in my playlist.