Monday, June 15, 2009

I could use some zzzzz..

It’s Monday morning, we’re back to work and I am exhausted. Steve and I had a busy weekend attending a conference in Kitchener from Friday to Sunday and we haven’t gotten much rest. We were up as early as 6.30 am and then getting home at roughly about the same time in the evening. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the way home every day. And then last night, we went to Mississauga to spend some time with a visiting family friend so we didn’t get home until late. It was past midnight by the time we went to bed. So you can just imagine how difficult it was for both of us to get out of bed this morning. We had forgotten to set the alarm clock too! Luckily, I happened to glance at the clock at just the right time.

The drive to Kitchener took about an hour or maybe a bit more but it was a smooth ride for the most part. We did encounter a bit of traffic on the way there both Friday and Saturday mornings and then got stuck on the way back on Friday afternoon. I find it to be a quiet ride with a nice view of some farm land and what appeared to be a ridge. I liked Kitchener too – it seemed like a quiet, peaceful place to live in and I found the residents to be very friendly. The houses we passed by were really cute and I couldn’t help but admire them. It was also nice seeing so many kids outside riding their bikes with their parents. You don’t get to see very many of those here in Toronto.

Although the ride there took only an hour or so, it felt long to me. It’s weird because I should be used to long rides – with all that back and forth commute to UST which sometimes took up to 3 hours! It seems I may have gotten used to travelling short distances within the GTA and anything over an hour makes me a bit impatient. I still enjoyed the ride though I kinda felt sorry that Steve had to drive us to and from for all 3 days (I haven’t applied for my driver’s license yet... I should though and soon).

I could really use at least 8 hours of sleep right now.

No comments: