Monday, May 01, 2006

Goodbye Water Park...

I’m sleepy once again… I’m such a sleepyhead… But then again, I slept late last night. It doesn’t help that weather today is so dreary too.

It’s been crazy at work today. Not crazy busy but rather crazy in the sense that a lot of things were going wacko! We were running virus scans on every machine and trying to figure out what was causing a traffic jam in our network. That didn’t help. The techs have found a machine that had a virus, cleaned it but we continue to have network problems. For some reason, something is jamming our networks at certain periods of the day. The techs can only guess as to what might be causing it. Hacker maybe? A network cable that needs to be replaced? A defective router? Is it the server? Who knows?! It’s like a freaking seesaw… one minute it’s working, the next minute it’s down.

The thing is, when the network’s down and there’s no internet, I can’t do anything. So I sit here, waiting for it to go back up.

JR mentioned the other day that Splash Island had already closed down. I felt so sad… I liked that place. True, it was pretty expensive but it was a water park I certainly enjoyed going to. I remember that last summer I spent in the Philippines, my friends and I had spent a day there and we had so much fun. I don’t know why they closed down…they were probably not making money. Maybe they hiked their prices due to the economic problems and people couldn’t afford to go there anymore. It’s just sad that I won’t be able to go there anymore. I’m proud to say I have tried all of their slides even the really scary ones. I remember when it opened, our parents took us there early in the morning but it was closed for maintenance and JR felt so disappointed that he had tears in his eyes. The next time we went there the parking lot was already full and we couldn’t find a space so our parents decided we should just go home and try again another time. This time I was the one who had tears in my eyes. The third time, we finally got to actually go in. It’s funny too that in that same day, someone stole my 400-peso slippers…bummer.

No comments: