Thursday, May 04, 2006

Speaking of cellphones

I am so bored. It’s one of those days where it feels like all you want to do is sleep. Everybody in the office is sleepy and the phones haven’t been ringing too much. James actually fell asleep already (unless I am mistaken and he is just closing his eyes for along period of time), Bren and I are working and browsing the internet at the same time (as it is already obvious, I’m blogging), Mark is working and chatting on MSN, Steve is doing invoices behind me while getting up once in awhile to do something else. Probably going over to the sales dept to see what they’re up to. The managers have gone out for lunch that streched for hours…right. On one side it’s good because we’re not too busy but on the other hand it makes time go by so slow.

I brought a magazine with me but I think it is inappropriate to read it while at work so I might just read it on the subway. I have a habit of sleeping on the way to work. There’s nothing to see outside since the train is underground. I love the view though when it crosses the bridge between Broadview and Castle Frank station and the view from Warden until it goes inside the tunnel at Victoria Park. The view is great especially during the summer when the plants are in bloom. Sadly, the train is only outside the tunnel for a few minutes. The one thing that bugs me is the fact that there is no reception on the subway. I don’t know why they don’t try and figure out a solution. SM malls in the Philippines used to have a problem with reception on the basement level. I remember a time when we would go to Southmall and when you go to the basement level you couldn’t use your cellphone. They were able to fix that and I was thinking that they could probably use the same technology for subway systems. The good side of it though is that you don’t get those annoying people that talk so loud on their phones. It pisses me off when I’m on the bus and everything’s quiet and someone’s talking so loud on the phone and everybody on the bus can hear what he/she is saying. It’s even worse when they start cursing on the phone. Hello?! You are on a phone call and not on a football field. People on the bus don’t need to hear every word you utter on the phone and please do not curse as if the world is ending. I, for one, do not want to hear you yell “well f*ck him, f*ck her and to hell with them.. I don’t f*cking care…” Spare us the gory details of your everyday life. Even if it were as interesting as a television show, try to keep it between you and the other person on the line. And even if you speak a language that most people will not understand, still keep it low. Otherwise, you are creating unnecessary noice. Be considerate of other people.

No comments: