Monday, May 01, 2006

Putting the pieces together

Forecast: a high of 21 and a low of 7 degrees (yey!!)

The first real warm weather in months! I love mid-spring…the anticipation of summer, shopping for summer clothes, cute summer shoes, flip flops, swimsuits, sunglasses and days filled with warmth!! What can I say? I grew up in warm weather! =)

It’s finally warm enough to wear open-toed shoes and the aircondition is running today. Warm enough to run airconditioning! I know, I know, I can’t get over it. In a country where it is cold most of the time, why wouldn’t one celebrate when there’s warm weather, right?

So, here’s the dilemma: I am becoming obsessed with shopping. I honestly find it hard to go inside a mall and come out without buying anything.
Solution: signed myself up for a savings account with another financial institution. Put money in there and forget I even have that money. In short, put it in the savings account and never ever touch it again except of course when needed.

Teeny Problem: I had to get a credit card to build credit history. Everyone knows credit cards can be dangerous especially for shopaholics like me (atleast my credit limit isn’t too high). It’s also good I don’t like using credit cards. I prefer using my debit card. I’d rather spend money I have than use credit.
Benefit: Good credit history goes a long way.

I saw a puzzle in our living room the other day while I was talking to my dad. We decided to try and put it together. It was a 1000 pieces and I spent hours on it with JR. It was freakin’ hard! I hadv’t pieced a puzzle for years. The last time I remember working on a jigsaw puzzle was the time somebody gave Juhl a huge jigsaw puzzle as a present. I remember going over to his place after class to work on a project and the first thing we would do is sit and try to put the puzzle together. We really got obsessed on that thing! Juhl would of course let us but I also remember him saying, “susme! Andito tayo para gumawa ng project…anu ba yan?!” and then he would laugh. He has such an infectious laugh…one that never fails to make me laugh or smile. We did eventually finish the puzzle, mostly him working on it. I remember him saying he would have it framed afterwards just because it took so much work. Thinking of it now, I don’t think he had it framed. Sometimes I am amazed at the things I remember…it’s true that the things that you mostly remember are the small things that meant a lot…the things that made you happy. Putting that puzzle together is just one of the many fond memories I have of my friends.

JR and I are still working on that puzzle I found in the living room. We spent hours on it but only managed to put together one line on top. Lolz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not know how to thank for putting your SA and your CF on my way. Jerr'on...