Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Shoot for the Moon

22 Degrees today!! I wore jeans, black sandals and a light top to work. This is good weather for me, not cold and not too warm. =) I know, I talk about the warm weather too much…don’t worry I’ll get over it at some point.

I overslept this morning but thankfully enough I was able to catch the bus and was able to get to work on time. Tan was on the train with me so I wasn’t too worried. Atleast if I ended up being late for work, I’m not the only one. LOL…

Getting into something totally unrelated to the above…I was just thinking this morning how some people have so much talent, so much capability, so many opportunities and yet they let it slip away. I think that as long as you are breathing and are still able, you should make the most of everything. Of course as we all know life isn’t easy and yeah there are some pretty sh*tty points but we could all atleast try and look at the bright side or continue to hope and work for something better. Everybody gets disappointed, everybody falls once in awhile, and yes everybody gets discouraged but that shouldn’t stop one from trying. As the saying goes, “Shoot for the moon and if you fall, atleast you land among the stars.” (or something like it…I can’t quite remember the exact words) There is a picture behind me in the office that says, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. I love that quote and I believe in it. I personally believe that everything in life is about taking chances and making the best out of every situation. Hey I’m not telling you to jump over the bridge without using your head. But try to give everything that matters a shot. If you know it is something that will be good for you, for the people you love, if it something uplifting, something worthwile and something that you know will make you happy, go for it. If it doesn’t work out atleast someday you can be proud that you’ve given it your best. If it doesn’t work then maybe it just wasn’t meant for you. Maybe there’s something better out there for you. You just have to keep going until you get there.

I’ve had instances in my life when I took risks and got burnt. But I don’t regret it because I know I gave it my best. Try not to be bitter about the things that hurt or disappoint you (I know I know it’s hard! Trust me it isn’t easy for me either) but I find that in time you will cope and you will learn to adjust but only if you are willing to let go of the past. It’s a process that doesn’t happen overnight but you’ll get there eventually. So one venture didn’t work out but that doesn’t mean you have to stop there. There is a saying “There are other fish in the sea”. This doesn’t only apply to people, it also applies to other opportunities in life. One dream that doesn’t come true shouldn’t stop you from having other dreams. When God closes a door, He opens a window. Learn to look at the window. There’s no point lingering on that closed door.

Life is hard but it is also beautiful. You only live once, live it to the fullest.

No comments: