Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas.

First off, a very blessed holiday season to everyone!

I celebrated Christmas at home with my family and Steve and although it was quite simple, it was still very enjoyable. I still can't get over the fact that it went by all too quickly and soon it will be another year.

The weather has also been nice lately. Still cold but it could be worse. Plus, no snow storms! (I have yet to post pictures from the previous snow storm here but I just keep forgetting to upload them!)

I'm glad that my family loved my gifts and it really feels good to give them something they liked. To be honest, I don't buy them much so when I do, I make sure it's something they'll like at least.

I still can't help but miss Christmas back home in the Philippines. I can't quite describe the feeling but it's just different. I miss the cool December mornings and warm afternoons, the kids charoling, the Christmas lights everywhere, Christmas songs on the radio, the hustle and bustle of everyone preparing for the big day and the Christmas trees in almost every house.

For some odd reason, I even miss the "Message cannot be sent" message on my cellphone on Christmas eve when trying to send text messages to friends and family because the network is jammed up with everyone trying to send greetings at the same time. You don't ever get that here in Canada unless you're outside your network or the network is down.

One day, I hope to be able to come home for Christmas. But in the meantime, I will make the most of my Christmases here.

No comments: