Thursday, December 27, 2007

Yep, it's final

When a man decides to leave, it does not necessarily mean that it’s a permanent arrangement. Often, men return or attempt a comeback. But when a woman decides to separate, it is usually with finality.


Loved this line from one of Jim Paredes' posts...

As soon as I came across this line, I found myself smiling and nodding in agreement. I always tell my male friends the same thing... and I also find that it is true for me. I'm the type that stays in a relationship for as long as I could until I can't anymore for different reasons. I've had people ask me why I decided to stick it out with my past relationships and almost always I answer with, "I wanted to make sure I gave it a good try.." At least that way I can look back at it and have no regrets. I can tell myself I've done what I can, I gave it my best shot and it just won't work. I don't want to be one of those people that ask themselves constantly what could have been if they had chosen to stay a little longer or had they given it another try.

I also find that most men, and by saying "most" by no means am I saying all men are the same, but yes, most men tend to realize only too late that they took for granted what they had. Women, on the other hand, will most likely stick it out, give it a good try (this might involve tons of girl talks, tears and several ups and downs) and although it make take awhile for a woman to say enough is enough, when she does get to that point, it's usually final. Women give this a lot of thought first before coming to a conclusion and most of the time, we weight the good and the bad and if the bad outweight the good and if we're not happy anymore, then it's probably best that we go.

I not an expert on relationships and what makes them work or fail. I, myself, am still learning new things everyday and sometimes what I think I already know, I end up questioning at some point. But whether a relationship works or not, we always take something out of it.

No comments: