Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Snow.

Here is a funny video of my parents having fun with the cold!





It sure feels and looks like winter already although it officially starts in a few weeks. We had our second snow storm yesterday and according to the news, it was unusual for Canada to be hit by 3 storms at once… from the east coast all the way to the west coast. Even British Columbia where snow storms rarely hit had 40 cm of snow!

We left the house early yesterday morning to go to mass and there was a ton of snow on the ground. It was as high as my mid-leg and since it was still so early, they hadn’t plowed the snow yet and we had to trek. I’m so glad I bought a really practical pair of snow boots or else I would have had to wear my black leather boots and it would have been really difficult to walk. As much as I hate the winter and the cold, I always like fresh snow on the ground because it’s so beautiful and it’s really soft when you step on it… it’s like fine powder. It’s always so very quiet after a snow storm because snow seems to absorb noise… and it doesn’t feel as cold. My parents, brothers and I were having a lot of fun with it. I was making footprints and kicking snow around while Miguel playfully teased us with snowballs. He never really throws one at us… he just throws it at a wall.

After mass, we went grocery shopping and since we took the bus, it was quite challenging to carry heavy grocery bags, make our way through snow and ice and get on and off the bus at the same time. I almost fell several times and JR had to help me get on and off the bus since there was a huge mound of snow right where the bus door opens. We had to step over the huge mound and at one point, it was so wide that I alsmost did a split while holding grocery bags. Although it was a little difficult, I couldn’t help but laugh it off. Good thing my brothers were helping me.

Here are some pictures I took!


3 Snow Plow Trucks working in harmony to get snow off the road


My foot in the snow


Lots of Snow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nakakatawa naman si Tita Gigi, parang bagong dating sa Canada. Hey, I was told that everybody is going to Canada next year for Lola's birthday in May. I guess we will finally see everyone again!

k a r e n said...

oo nga eh! hahaha! inubo tuloy!

talaga ha?! huli naman ako sa balita. i didn't know you guys were coming for lola's b-day. yup, i guess we'll all be able to see each other again! Yay!