Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't feel like working today but I don't have a choice

It was so quiet in the office yesterday with it being a US holiday. It just proves that 99% of all phone calls and emails we receive come from the US. It was boring but nice at the same time. One of my managers and I were just playing games on MSN almost all afternoon!

The weather was so nice yesterday too. It was 25 degrees and it’s the type of weather where all you want to do is stay outside. If it weren’t a Monday, it would have been a perfect day to do things outside. All I could think of was how perfect it would be if we could go biking or swimming or just sit in a patio. Steve remarked on our way home that it didn’t feel like late afternoon and that it felt like it was still early. It’s so nice that the days are longer now and the sun doesn’t begin to set until past 8 pm. Believe me when I say it does wonders to a person’s mood.

The weather is back to crap today and I can’t believe how windy and cold it was this morning when I stepped out of the house. I was considering wearing a light jacket outside but changed my mind right before I left the house. Buti nalang I did.

Work is back to normal today and we’re back to the constant flow of emails, the constant stress we get from our CEO (just having him around is depressing) and the hustle and bustle of co-workers walking, talking, and working. In short, it’s been busy.

I have a training session this afternoon and I am hoping it will turn out ok. You never know with these people. Sometimes I get really fast-learners and other times I get those who are just almost impossible to teach. It is when I get the latter that I think about quitting.

I am addicted to the Jigsaw game on MSN. It’s all I want to do at work today (if only I could do nothing but play).

No comments: