Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beautiful

For some odd reason, I am sitting here at my desk at work and I am suddenly craving the lasagna they have at Greenwich. I don’t know why it even came to mind! I haven’t had one of those since I left the Philippines more than four years ago… they were really good!

My uncle sent me an email the other day about the possibility of having a family reunion in Bacolod sometime next year. I would REALLY LOVE to go but I don’t know how we’ll be able to afford six plane tickets to go home especially since we’ll be catching up with the expenses from the wedding and buying household items. I told the rest of the family about it and we were all bummed out because we think we might not be able to afford it.

I can’t believe it’s less than a month until the wedding. Time flies! In between tasks at work, I keep looking at the traveler photos of the resort we are going to. It always brightens me up but it also makes me so anxious. I really hope it is as great as it looks on the photos. It’s gotten so many excellent reviews but who knows right?











It looks so warm and inviting doesn't it? I can almost imagine all that sunlight on me...

4 comments:

White said...

You're from Bacolod?! Wow! Small world...though I'm not really from there (I'm from Roxas City), we might speak the same language. lols

And the resort looks familiar. Boracay? hehe

k a r e n said...

Hi White!

I'm actually from Las Piñas but my dad's side of the family is from Bacolod. They all speak Ilonggo which is why I can also understand and speak the language. =) When I still lived in the Philippines, my brothers and I would spend a few weeks during the summer there every year.

Do you know Gaisano? My grandma and her siblings own a small building right in front of it with our surname at the top. =)

The resort pictures are actually of The Excellence in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic but they do look a lot like Boracay don't they?

White said...

I know Gaisano. Lacson?! It's a Bacolodnon surname. :) It's been ages the last time I've been to Bacolod.

Yeah, the resort pretty looks like Boracay.

k a r e n said...

Nope, not Lacson although it is a very popular name =P

Last time I was there was summer of 2004 right before we left for Canada.