Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Updates

It was time to make some more wedding-related payments so I took out all the money I had in my savings account today. It was the most amount of money I have ever saved in my entire life and having to spend it all hurt a bit. It’s hard to save and it’s equally hard to watch all that saved up money go to someone else. I’m hoping I’ll be able to save up again after all the wedding expenses and household expenses have been taken care of... but that might take a while though. I’m thinking of contributing to my RSPs at some point too. How do you get what you want without spending?

I have been going on TripAdvisor.com a lot lately to look at reviews and pictures of the resort we are going to. I am pleased with the reviews so far and I am hoping that it is as good as they say. I can’t wait to be under the sun, lying on the beach and just relaxing. I think all of us could use a vacation. There are still a few things we need to take care of but we’re crossing tasks off our list one by one.

I am looking at several places for hair and make-up for the civil ceremony and I’ve narrowed my list down to a few. I would have loved to go to the salon I usually go to for my haircut but their rates were a bit much for what I was willing to spend especially since it’s just a really simple civil ceremony that would probably only be half an hour long and then we’re having a small lunch reception after. I can understand spending that kind of money for the beach wedding or if I were having a full blown wedding here. But I just can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars for a civil ceremony. The problem is, most places downtown charge an arm and a leg and since the wedding is somewhat early, I’d have to consider distance and travelling time when it comes to selecting a place. I did find a few highly recommended places online and I am thinking of checking out one that is closer to city hall and another that is located west of Toronto. They both got great reviews but they’re prices were very affordable.

I forgot that when I went dress-shopping, my cousin and my brother took a few photos of the dresses I was trying on. I had them saved in a folder in my laptop which I just remembered again today. I took a look at them and I still love the dress I bought the most. It’s still with the seamstress for alterations but I love how it feels on me and I like its simplicity and elegance. I hope it still looks good even after the alterations have been made. I keep worrying that it will get ruined as soon as someone touches it. I would love to post photos here but I’m afraid it will ruin the surprise!

Spring is almost here and I can’t wait for warmer weather! I would love to once again be able to step out of the house without a thick jacket on and sit at a patio or go for walks. I am thinking of visiting the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) again and maybe even going to a cabin somewhere north (I’ve never been to one yet). OR maybe we can drive to the States!

I haven’t been using the Wii Fit for more than a month now (sadly). I’ve slacked off and I think my Wii trainer will reprimand me the next time I sign in. My goal to lose 5 lbs every week is out the window at this point. I read somewhere that you actually lose weight just by sleeping. So maybe I’ll do plenty of that!

Geez... I feel so busy!

No comments: