Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God Bless You!

I seek in prayerful words, dear friend
My heart’s true wish to send you,
That you may know that far or near
My prayerful thoughts attend you.

I cannot find a truer word
Nor better to address you,
Nor song nor poem have I heard
Is sweeter than God bless you!

God bless you! So I’ve wished you all
Of brightness life possesses;
For can any joy at all
Be yours unless God blesses?
And so through all the days
May shadows touch thee never
But this alone, God bless you
Then art thou safe forever.


My grandma sent this to me and Steve along with a letter to my dad. Although it is a simple poem, it really touched me and almost made me cry. I miss her everyday and I regret not being able to visit her as often as I'd like. Even though we're in Canada and she's in the Philippines, she never fails to send her love and well wishes. I hope she knows how much she means to us.

No comments: