Wednesday, June 28, 2006

random things

Ow my back hurts. I think it’s because of the way I’m sitting. A back massage would be so nice. I think I should go to a spa and spend an entire day there. I’ve never been to one except for the nail spa. I’m surprised at how expensive it is to get your nails done. But then again, getting a hair cut here in Canada also costs a fortune. I actually have to save money to get a hair cut and some highlights. Being a girl is fun but at the same time it takes a lot of work and it costs money.

I just looked at the stack of client folders I have on my desk and thank God they’re depleting. I’ve finished working with almost all of them but I like to keep some on my desk so that I can remember to do follow ups.

So I’ve resumed going through the next release version of our software and for the life of me there is an area where I can’t figure out how to make it work. The programmers seem to have changed a very small but integral portion of the interface and now I’m stuck trying to figure how it works. It’s frustrating.

I received a message from Carl and it’s such a relief to hear from him. He’ll be in Iraq for a few months and until he’s safely back home, he’ll always be a point of concern for most of us. It sounds like he’s doing ok and I sure hope so. I hope we get to go home to the phils at the same time.

Jen went online this morning and I was able to chat with her for a few minutes. It’s good to hear she’s doing great but we’ve both been so busy these past few months and haven’t hung out for awhile. I miss her a lot.

Leslie turned 22 last week and JR turned 21 the following day. I heard Les had a family get-together over the weekend and i wanted to come but they’re in the states and I’m in Canada. I haven’t seen some of my cousins for over 10 years! Ate Kit recently joined Friendster and since she’s joined, we’ve been sending each other messages back and forth. I like that we’re so much closer to each other now. I don’t remember talking to her so much when we were growing up since they moved to the states when I was still very young and we have such a huge age gap. I’m surprised she still speaks Tagalog so fluently and that she writes to me in Filipino still. She’s pretty funny and I love writing to her. I think all my cousins have a good sense of humour or maybe I’m just extremely fond of them that I think they’re funny all the time. Haha! But one thing’s for sure, whenever we get together we end up laughing like crazy expecially when Kuya Danny’s around. He just says the funniest things. Les would agree with me.

No comments: