Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Talking to pao and shey

I was talking to pao and shey this morning on MSN. I miss them so much and I can’t help but be happy whenever I see them online. Shey’s currently based somewhere in Europe and she’ll be there for a few months and then she’ll be returning to the Phils. I know it must be hard for her to be so far from the people she loves but she’s also priveleged to be able to do something she likes and get to travel at the same time. I have to admit that I am partly grateful for the fact that she is only about 5 or 6 hours ahead of me which makes it easier for us to catch each other online. It’s harder for us to talk when she’s in the Phils because of the 12-hour time difference. When I’m up, she’s sleeping and when she’s up, I’m sleeping.

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen them for 2 years now. A lot has changed in those 2 years I’m sure. Although we keep in touch and we update each other on the on-goings of our everyday life, it’s still different being so far away. I’m missing out on those lunch get-togethers they have once in awhile or the jokes they share or the minute details of what’s going on everyday. It’s a challenge for me to write e-mails often since I tend to get caught up in whatever it is I’m doing whether it’s work or something else. Buti nalang my friends and I have no problems picking up right where we left off. I’m really happy na kahit paano I’m still involved in their lives and that my friends still open up to me whenever we get a chance to talk. We may not be able to talk or chat for hours like we used to but atleast I’m still able to lend an ear or offer an advice when needed. The one thing that I wish I could do but am unable to is to give them a hug or be physically there for them.

I sure hope that we’ll continue to be close throught the years and hopefully I’ll get to see them soon.

No comments: