Friday, June 23, 2006

a really great weekend

Jerry and I celebrated his birthday a week ago and I decided I’d put it in here. =)

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!! I never get tired of greeting you.

The plan was to surprise him at work by having a cake, flowers and balloons delivered. Let’s just say it didn’t turn out as planned so I had to improvise. I wasn’t able to find a place that would do deliveries so I had to give it to him myself. Luckily I got off work earlier than him so I was able get the stuff I needed and pass by his workplace. He said he loved the flowers and told me he bought a vase so that he could put it at his desk. Awww…

We were thinking of going to the beach where we had our first date but it was a bit chilly that day and so we decided to just stay home and spend time together. We had dinner delivered and we spent the rest of the evening just cuddling and talking. We even played Mortal Combat on his play station while waiting for the food. Jerry was telling me that most people would find the stuff we do pretty boring but we love spending time together and enjoying simple things. Of course once in awhile we’d go to a fancy restaurant or do something else.

The following day we went to his uncle’s house and we spent time with his relatives. Later we went downtown to see the Lake House. Really good movie! After the movie, we decided to take a walk downtown and we stopped by POD (Jerry and I invented this acronym for our special spot at Nathan Phillips Square). He brought me home afterwards.

Sunday we went to the MMVA (Much Music Video Awards)! It started at 9pm but we were there an hour early since I wanted to have a bite first. We ate at the Crepe place along Queen Street West. It was already pretty crowded since the celebs were arriving and people were screaming, taking pictures and asking for autographs.

Jerry and I were lucky to have found a good spot. I had to stand on a ledge to get a good view while Jerry supported me. He kept teasing me by pretending he’d let me fall. We were able to see Simple Plan, Nelly Furtado, Timberland, Tori Spelling, Nick Lachey, Massari, Rihanna, and some other celebs that I can’t recall. We didn’t finish the entire thing though because it was getting late and we both had to go to work the following morning. I was able to take some pictures and I was able to record a video of Nelly Furtado and Timberland performing. Unfortunately the recording I did didn’t have sounds. Kainis!!

It was a great weekend… =)

No comments: