Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fred the Cat

I’ve been trying to coax Fred to come to my desk (he’s our office cat). He’s so big now and he’s gotten so heavy. I didn’t wanna pick him up because I don’t want cat hair all over me. He’s been quiet since he got sick. A few months back he was jumping on desks and stepping on our keyboards. There was a time when leaving your cup on your desk was a bad idea. Not only was there a risk of him tipping it over but there was higher probability of him sipping from your cup without you realizing it. Eew. He’s such an adorable cat though and I must admit there are times when I think he can read minds. He’s got to be the smartest cat I know. I’m not particularly fond of cats. I prefer dogs (even tho they scare the hell out of me). Dogs are playful, lovable and sociable. They’re proactive. Cats, I think, are lazy, picky, require high maintenance (although I’ve been told this is untrue), and they shed too much. I think that Fred has grown on me.

No comments: