Saturday, September 23, 2006

Beyonce

....was here in Toronto last Sept. 15 and performed at Dundas Square for free to promote the recently opened Best Buy store. I like to think she performed for me since it was my b-day! =)

I knew there would be a lot of people but maaannn!! I was honestly caught off-guard by the amount of people that showed up. Jerry and I were there early and it was already packed! We were going to meet up with some friends but it was so crowded and made it impossible for us to meet up so we all decided we'll watch the concert separately and then just meet up afterwards. I was already in a bad mood even before the concert began because I couldn't see the stage. Ang liit ko kasi, puro likod lang nakikita ko...grrrrr...kainis.. ang dami pang nanunulak -- how rude. I gave up trying to find a good spot since it was a pretty useless effort. I had to watch her from the big screen they had set up.

I was surprised at how beautiful she is in person. Yeah she's beautiful on screen but she's even more beautiful offscreen. You can really see she enjoys performing. She sang some Destiny's Child hits and some songs from her new album. Keep an ear out for her song "Irreplaceable". She had a live band and back up dancers and she performed for about an hour. I was surprised at how good the concert turned out to be considering that it was free. I can only imagine how much Best Buy must have shelled out.

I would post pictures from the concert but I didn't have my camera with me and the ones the Jerry took were mostly blurred. Sayang nga eh...

No comments: