Monday, October 02, 2006

A Toast to an Amazing Couple!

Jerry and I attended the wedding of one of our closest friends last weekend. It was a beautiful ceremony and one that had me fighting back tears of joy. I first met Suzy last year and shortly after, I met Steve. From day one I loved them already. It's so rare that you would befriend someone wonderful and to befriend two is even better. I know they've been together for 2 years but they were friends for some time before they started dating.

Suzy is mixed - half Congolese, half Haitian while Steve is Canadian, part Japanese. It is so heartwarming to see two people find love and happiness in each other and I admire them for seeing past their physical and cultural differences. During the reception, Suzy’s uncle said that he is proud of both Suzy and Steve for being able to love each other despite their cultural differences and because of their love they were able to bring two cultures together. They danced to Keith Urban’s “Making Memories of Us” and the way they held each other and looked at each other, you could really see the love they shared. How often do you see a couple like them?

I’m so proud and so happy for the two of them. I wish them nothing but the best in life.

1 comment:

Sj said...

I feel so happy to have stumbled upon this post rather than just having been told it was there. It made it precious and my heart wants to burst I felt so much! Suzy is sleeping on the couch right now due to a headache.. I want to wake her up to show her your beautiful words and yet though I can't, I know she knows them. I know she understands how you feel just like we do and that you say what we think. So, since she feels the same way about you, I am content to just tell her later. We love you guys!