Thursday, October 05, 2006

5° Degrees and Counting

Today's weather forecast: sunny. Low of 5° and a high of 14°.

Looks like fall is finally here. Autumn arrived a couple of weeks ago and it's so depressing to think of the coming of winter. It's the time of the year when the days are getting shorter and the temperature keeps dropping. It's been good so far, moving anywhere between 5° and 24° degrees. On days like today when the sun is out but the temperature is low, it can be very misleading because you are under the impression that the day will be warm due to the sun but when you step out of the house it's actually very cold.

I just recently found out that Canada is actually beside Alaska...no wonder it's so cold! I'm not very good with geography and for some reason I can't recall where countries are located in the globe. If I've never been there and I don't know anyone who lives there, then I don't know where it is. I still find it difficult to love the cold seasons. Whenever someone mentions how much they love the fall, I cringe. Para mo na ring sinabi na gusto mong nasasaktan ka. I've always been the most sensitive in our family. Pag may aircon, ako yung unang nilalamig. Ako yung laging nagrereklamo na mashadong malakas yung aircon. Imagine us now living in a country where it's cold 3/4 of the year!

I've gotten somewhat used to the temperature though. Anything above 20° is warm na for me. Sometimes I worry that a vacation back home will be too hot for me to handle. But then again, I'm sure my body will eventually adjust to the heat just like when it adjusted to the cold here. I just have to make sure I stay somewhere with airconditioning. Haha!

This morning I found myself waiting at the bus stop, praying desperately that the bus would arrive soon because I was freezing. Maybe I should've dressed warmer... I couldn't stop shivering. Minsan pa naman the bus is full so kailangan hintayin ko pa yung susunod na bus. Sa isip ko bahala na kahit puno, isasalpak ko nalang sarili ko kasi di ko na kayang tumayo sa lamig.

I read in the Metro a few weeks ago that this coming winter might be mild...let's sure hope so!

1 comment:

lil superman's mum said...

Syet ang lamig diyan! Pareho pa naman tayo, kung hindi kailangan ng aircon, hindi talaga ako mag-a-aircon, unlike others na pagpasok sa bahay, on agad yung aircon. You might get shocked pag umuwi ka dito =D