Monday, October 16, 2006

I fell in love with a pair of sandals

Have you ever owned a pair of shoes/sandals/runners that you loved wearing so much that you just wish you had bought dozens of them so you could wear them forever?

During the summer, I went shopping for a pair of sandals. It started out with a pair I bought from Sterling (weird name for a shoe store isn’t it?) but they turned out to be uncomfortable for long walks and it felt heavy on my feet. So I decided to buy myself another pair and this time I bought a beautiful pair from Aldo. Big mistake. They were gorgeous but they were the most uncomfortable pair of sandals I’ve worn in my life. (You’re prolly wondering why I bought it in the first place, right? Well, they were fine when I was walking around in the store but that was it.) I wore them only once and back in the box they went. Such a waste of money, I know, but I love my feet more than my shoes and I’m not willing to sacrifice my feet for it. So, now I’ve spent some money on two pairs of sandals and they both suck. Nice… (note of sarcasm here)

I ended up buying another pair from Aldo which turned out great. I was adamant on buying atleast one more pair so I can switch between pairs but looking for a great pair of sandals just isn’t that easy. I was on my way home one day and had decided to pass by the mall and that’s when I saw them – a pair of beautiful sandals from Naturalizer. I was so eager to try to them on and viola! They were perfect! They were so soft, so comfy and get this – they were on sale!! Could a girl ask for more?! I bought them right there and then and they became my favorite pair.

Wearing them felt like I was walking barefoot on a carpeted floor (ok, I know I’m exagerrating but what the heck). They were just so comfortable!

I wore them everywhere – to work, shopping, dates with jerry, to church on Sundays, picking up groceries, festivals, to the movies, etc! I just never got tired of wearing them. I would wear them still, if I could, but it’s too cold outside for sandals so for now they’re sitting in my room. I was looking at them the other day and I was just thinking that I’d be sad to have to throw them away when it gets worn out. Hence, I wish I had bought several pairs of them to begin with. =(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there were these ballet flats at target last spring and i got so excited about them because they came in black, pink, and white, they were comfy (but not padded really), and they went with any outfit! i got two pairs of the pink. i splattered paint on a white pair and i wear them every day almost! BUT they get smelly

k a r e n said...

I have a similar habit.. when I find something I really like, I end up buying so many of them in different colors.