Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Yikes!

I seem to attract troubled people. Not in the Sixth-Sense-I-see-dead-people kind of way but I seem to become really good friends with those who are going through some very rough times in their life. Not that I mind, on the contrary I love the thought that my friends share their lives with me. There are those who feel extremely lonely, those who are disappointed in life, those who are losing a loved one, those who are having family problems, financial problems and just about everything. Sometimes I am caught off-guard by some of the things I hear. Just when I'm beginning to think I've heard the worst, I am faced with another heart-wrenching situation. After hearing a friend talk about his/her problems, I take a second look at my life and I can't help but be grateful for the many blessings I have.

Looking at my life and the lives of those around me, sometimes I think my life is pretty easy compared to theirs. I didn't choose the life I was given and neither did my friends or anyone else for that matter... so I'm left wondering how come other people seem to have it easy and some the exact opposite? I have problems of my own - that's true, but I feel like mine is nothing compared to the hardships that other people face. This scares me. I'm afraid that one day it will be my turn.

Maybe my life is the way it is so that I can give my time to those that need it. My mom once said to me, "Sweetie I think maybe God really brings these people to you because maybe your purpose in life is to help them through their times of need." She might be right.

No comments: