Tuesday, October 17, 2006

On the subject of blogging

Yey! I just got the links for Steve and Suzy’s blog! I love reading other people’s blogs. I find it very interesting to see what people write about – their thoughts, dreams, aspirations, the things they find funny and beautiful, their fears and anxieties and just everyday life.

I never used to blog. I’ve heard about it a million times before but never really gave it much thought. That is until I came across a friend’s blog. I’ve known him for years but I was never really close to him so I never really got to see the other side of him. He was always the quiet one…extremely smart, very nice person but he didn’t talk much and it always made me wonder what he was really thinking. Then I came across his blog one day…I don’t really remember how I came across his blog but he’s had it for quite sometime. It was a real eye-opener for me. I was able to see a different side of him -- a side that wasn’t always so serious, funny even and just so normal. I don’t mean to say that he was abnormal in any way… but we all looked up to him like he was a god because he was just so smart! Perfect grades and everything! We used to kid around saying when God rained intelligence on earth, we were holding cups but he was holding a bucket. LOL!

After reading a few of my friends’ blogs, I decided to have one too (it’s also perfect for killing time when there’s nothing much to do at work. Hehe!) I also find that it’s a good tool for keeping in touch with old friends and being able to know what’s going on in their lives (yea, and catch up on some gossip you’ve been missing =P check out my link list for other cool blogs)

The cool thing about having a blog is that no one tells you what to write, when to write and how much you can write. You can put pictures, music, and links to your favorite stuff for all they care. Basically, IT IS YOUR OWN SPACE AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT (but please don’t put naked pictures of yourself…kidding!)

Ok, enough about blogging… I’m beginning to sound like a blog advertisement. Haha!

No comments: