Tuesday, October 17, 2006

People on the go

People… I swear they can be very smart but sometimes they tend to do things that are just mind-boggling or plain annoying. Here are some of the things I’ve noticed while waiting for a bus amongst the huge crowd and the bus finally arrives…

  • You would think people would be courteous and let passengers off the bus first before they get on it but nnoooo! There’s always a guy or a girl somewhere that will insist on pushing their way in. Do you pour water into a cup at the same time you are emptying it? ‘Course not! You empty the cup first and then put water into it. People! Please, same concept applies! Would it kill you to wait?
  • Why is everybody trying to fit into one bus when there’s an empty one right behind it? This never fails to make my eyes roll.
  • Let the handicapped, the elderly and the women with children on the bus first! One day you’ll be old too and you should remember the golden rule: do unto others what you would like them to do unto you.
  • If you can see that someone else needs a seat, please remove your stuff off the seat beside you. Be considerate. I’m sure your bag wouldn’t mind.
  • If you have a huge backpack and you are standing, try to consider the people behind you and those that are trying to pass. I’m short and often times I find my head against someones backpack. And please don’t play with your friends when the bus is crowded because everytime you dodge his/her hand, your backpack is hitting me repeatedly (and I am trying real hard not to slap you).
  • I always thought as children we learn the magic words: “please and thank you” and “excuse me”. Learn to use them as adults.
  • Let’s be nice and let people pass. If there’s space in the back, move to the back. Tell you what, there’s a bonus too – it’s always warmer at the back!

nd of course my favorite: the bus is completely empty except for one man and he’s standing! Mind-boggling but it’s cute!


1 comment:

kristin said...

get out of my head!!!!

this stuff has always bugged me!!!

well summarized.