Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Awkward

Yesterday I was asked to do a “staff training” session. In the one year I’ve been with this company, I haven’t done classroom training for staff members. Not that I mind, it’s just weird that they would wait so long to organize one. One would think they would’ve done this long ago.

Anyhow, the president attended one of the sessions and the funny thing is he kept asking me questions on different things…things he should know. Worst of all, he kept asking me why certain areas of the software are designed that way. Why the hell is he asking me?? He’s the president! He should know! Do I look like the person who designed it?! The vice president was present during the session and she got pissed off that he was asking me questions not related to training at all and when she couldn’t help it anymore, she blurted out, “Karen’s not in development!” and grunted. You should have been there! OMG! The room was dead silent and even I felt sorry for the president. He must’ve been really embarassed!

Sometimes I feel like our president is under our VP…but then again maybe he’s just as scared of her as we are because she can be a real b*atch! LOL!

2 comments:

Sj said...

That could have been intimidating.. like at first the thought of "Is he trying to trick me? Testing me?" then later "Wait! He doesn't know what he is talking about!" Though it was interesting that someone spoke up. Usually everyone just sits there.

What do you do there Karen? I sorta forget... oops

k a r e n said...

I thought he was testing me too! But then I realized he really didn't know what he was doing.

I do all sorts of things there... implementor, trainer, QA, and documentation...sadly, I don't get paid much for it...LOL