Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Old Letters

I was trying out the new yahoo mail beta today and I have to say… I absolutely love it! It works similar to Outlook now and it’s just easier for me to move between e-mails, sort and open them althought I have yet to figure out how to remove the “tips” window on the right side.

Anyhoo, I noticed I had 2 saved drafts. One was a draft of an e-mail I had sent to my cousin and the other was a draft of an e-mail I was composing which I had intended to send out to my friends but had forgotten. I composed it not long after we moved to Canada and I had just had my first winter. I was basically saying hi, telling my friends how much I missed them and describing my first winter. I would post it here but I wrote it mostly in Filipino and it would be hard for everyone to understand.

I always find my old letters funny because it feels like it was a different me who had written it. Some of them I find pretty childish much like how I feel about some of my posts here and some of them I thought were well-written considering how old I was at the time I wrote it. My mom kept all of the letters and cards I made for her when I was young and I can’t help but laugh everytime I read them. There are so many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and I talk about the silliest things! LOL!

When I read the letters I wrote during my earlier teenage years, I think to myself, “eeww.. so cheesy!” I’m afraid to even mention to you some of the things I wrote! Haha! I would die of embarassment.

The one thing that is cool about reading old letters? It’s like seeing emotions and thoughts on paper. Like catching a glimpse of myself at that moment in time.

No comments: