Monday, October 16, 2006

Slide.com

The other day I decided to check my Myspace account (I always feel weird using the word “my” before “myspace”.. it almost feels like using double conjunctions or something.) because I realized I’d been paying attention only to my Friendster account and I thought it’s about time I checked those unread messages and invites. Not that I hate Myspace – it just so happens most of my friends are in Friendster which is why I continue to use it. Oh and also because Friendster is more popularly used in the Philippines as opposed to Myspace.

I realize Myspace is more popular in North America and almost all my cousins in the US are on it so I’m using Myspace to keep in touch with them too (I’ve successfully convinced two of them to sign up with Friendster...LOL). Anyway, I came across Aileen’s page on Myspace and she was using a flash player that plays pictures of her. I’ve always wanted to put one on my Friendster page but most of the ones I came across were already being used by a few of my friends and I was trying to avoid having to use the same ones they were using. (yeah, I didn’t want to be told that I was being a copy cat… haha)

I came across Slide.com and Ithought it was pretty cool. Free, easy to use, fast uploading of unlimited pictures (well, I kinda need to verify that it is in fact “unlimited” but so far so good) and I thought the slide transitioning was one-of-a-kind (again, the “one-of-a-kind” comment is yet to be verified). Anyway, I signed up using my e-mail address and assigning myself a password. It didn’t even require me to enter my name or contact info. I uploaded some pictures taken during college and several pictures of me and jerry of course! I have yet to add pictures of me, jerry, steve and suzy but I grabbed a picture of the 4 of us off of Steve's blog (LOL)...

Check out my Friendster page!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

hello there ! ITs kind of exciting to read your blog, see how you think, what you tend to discuss etc. I still have to read the other posts but I didn't even know what friendster was until I read this. arghhhh.... and I like the slideshow ... I want it....