Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Backup Files Found!

Eversince I came to Canada, I've been looking for the CD containing all my backup files from our PC back home. When I didn't find it in any of the cds we took with us, I had hoped it was in the box we had left behind and that I would find it when it finally arrives.

The box finally did come about a year later but it wasn't there either. There were a few cds without labels so was hoping one of them would turn out to be my back up cd. I patiently ran them all but still didn't find what I was looking for. It turns out they were my dad's files. I had remembered labelling my cds with my name and the date so I was almost sure they were lost since I couldn't find them.

The other day I was reading a letter my tita had sent my dad and she said they found a few more cds that belonged to us but they had forgotten to send. She made a list of all the titles of each cd and I was so glad when I came across two labelled "Karen back up ". I was grinning from ear to ear and prolly looked like a fool but it was really good to know I didn't lose them. In case you were wondering what was in those cds, they contain a lot of pictures taken during college and some of the important things I wanted to keep. We keep hearing about the advantages of having digital photos but one thing we overlook is the fact that if our hard drive crashes, the cd containing our files gets lost or damaged or we accidentally delete our files, those precious pictures we took are gone and lost forever (unless of course you can find someone who can restore your files for you).

I think I should print them and keep a hard copy.

No comments: