Monday, February 12, 2007

Homesick?

Monday and I’m feeling a little depressed. I don’t even know why…

I was browsing a friend’s page and saw an old picture taken of us back in ’04 (ok, so it isn’t that old but still…). It’s one of those days when all I want to do is go back to the Phils even for the afternoon and just lie down in my parents’ old bedroom or in my grandma’s couch in QC. Recently, so many are asking me when I’m planning to go back home to visit and all I can say is, “I don’t know yet… no concrete plans as of now.” I remember when I first came to Canada, I promised myself I would visit home every year… It’s been 3 years since I moved and I still have no clue when I’m going to be able to visit.

Maybe I’m feeling a little homesick and that’s probably why I feel down today…

4 comments:

Marie said...

hey there! i just stumbled upon your blog through the Next Blog>> tab & i kinda like reading your posts! i hope you're not feeling that homesick today! are you there in canada by yourself? don't worry, home will always be where your heart is but for now, home is where you're at, so just make the best of it. i linked your page to mine coz i like reading your posts, they're from the heart! hope it's ok with you, if not, just let me know & i'll take it off. my apologies then! take it easy! everyday's always a new day! you'll get by! you'll be fine!

Marieseda said...

It sucks being homesick. I get homesick just going to work (probably cause I just don't want to be at work). Hope someone was able to cheer you up yesterday. Whenever you're ready to go back let me know. Consider my ticket paid for and me in the seat next to you on the plane (unless there's a really good-looking, single man in the seat behind us (than you're travelling by yourself)). I would love to visit the Phils.

Just let me know!!

k a r e n said...

hey! thank you for taking interest in my little page here. i have a habit of using the Next Blog>> buttons too. i'm feeling better today and you're right, i just have to make the most out of it. i moved to Canada with my parents and siblings so it isn't that bad.

sure, feel free to add my page to your blog. i'll go visit yours too. =)

k a r e n said...

hey marieseda! yeah, work can be a pain sometimes but i wouldn't want to be home 24/7 either.. i feel the need to go out every now and then.

for sure, i'll take you to the phils with me! it would be a lotta fun! just make sure you bring a lot of suntan lotion and a bathing suit. we're going beach-hopping!